Tuesday 19 February 2008

Stupid Dog

Yesterday, Apple and C-Ray were playing quite nicely together for more than five minutes in Faithie and Apple's room (that event alone is enough to post about, but there is a story to follow). I came upstairs, completely unbeknownst to them, to deposit some laundry in my bedroom (not an event worth posting about).

As I came to the top of the stairs, I heard Apple say, "Stupid! Stupid!" I was quite sure, without hearing any of the preceding conversation, that C-Ray was the subject of her... adjectives, so I started to open my mouth to correct her for unkind name-calling. Before I could get the words out, I heard the following conversation:

Apple: "C-Ray, we're pretending that you are a puppy and your name is Stupid."
C-Ray: "Okay!"
Apple: "Stupid! Come here, Stupid! Lay down, Stupid Dog!"
C-Ray: (happy) "Woof!"

I continued down the hall, glad to have escaped giving the lecture (this time). I think that if we ever do get a dog, I am going to name it Stupid.

No comments: