Monday 9 June 2008

A Couple of Funnies

Last week, C-Ray and I were both sitting in the family room. He was on the couch, doing absolutely nothing, and I was on the floor, spraying Shout on just about every article of clothing the kids own.
Anyway, he says to me, "Mom, I want to watch a show."
Appalled by his lack of manners, I coached him until he asked the "right way."
Then, he says, "Mom, get the remote and turn one on."
Very frustrated at his rudeness, I replied, "C-Ray, if you want to watch a show, you will get the remote yourself and bring it to me."
His whining reply? "But Mom, I'm too busy sitting."

On Saturday we went to a wedding. The whole family. All six of us. I was a very thankful mommy that Uncle M and Aunt J were there to help. But I digress from the point of the story. On Sunday, Apple says to me, "Mom, I've never been to a wedding where they had games before."
Trying to figure out what she could be talking about, I asked, "Like what? That you got to dance the Hokie Pokie?"
She answers, "No, when the married girl closed her eyes and spinned around and threw her flowers and the girl who caught them won."

No comments: