Saturday 5 July 2008

Watersliding

We spent the first part of our Fourth yesterday at a picnic at my parent's church. Going to it is a bittersweet, sentimental kind of fun for me. I remember those Fourth of July picnics in my upper elementary and middle school years. Now, if I get the chance to go as an adult, a small part of me immediately reverts back to an akward 12 year old, and I have to remind myself that I am a 29 year old mother of four, married to a successful businessman. The church building is different, the "festivities" are a little different, the other "kids" have kids of their own now, but mostly the faces are the same and I am greeted by those faces like family. It's a good reminder to me that though the details of life change, there are certain things that always remain constant.

Okay, now that I've waxed philosophical, there was a way cool inflatible waterslide and the kids loved it!


No comments: