Thursday 4 December 2008

So It's Safe to Say...

that I'm way behind on blogging. Let's see... what is new? We traveled to Washington state for a week to celebrate Mack's dad's retirement with the entire family. My mom, dad, brother, and sister-in-law came for Thanksgiving. Good times were had on both occasions. Someday I'll upload some pictures. What else? Apple has her first loose tooth, and is loving kindergarten. Little One, at almost 18 months, still has only 4 teeth, and is in full toddler mode- messes and tantrums galore. Faithie is excelling in first grade- her reading level is at least at second grade, almost third. C-Ray is, well, just C-Ray. He is learning to write his name and recognize some letters, so perhaps he won't be completely unprepared for kindergarten next year.

Some cute and/or funny things:

We were listening to a cd of kids' lullaby songs in the van. One song has a line that says "fourteen angels watch me sleep." Faithie asks, "Mom, did they just say 'FARTING angels watch me sleep?' " I laughed so hard that I couldn't even remind her that she's not allowed to use that word!

We were walking through the slushy parking lot at the girls' school yesterday. Faithie says, "It sounds like we're stepping on sand." Apple is silent for a moment, then asks, "Faithie, did you just say 'it sounds like we're stepping on SANTA?' "

C-Ray's latest response to anything he doesn't like is "Oh pickles!"

Little One doesn't do cute things. She only screams and cries about everything. I'm exaggerating, but only a little.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love this post. It makes it even more 'real' now that we have experienced it all first hand last week.

"Pickles" continues to be my new favorite words...Thank you Colin!

Love y'all,
Amy